Friday, October 16, 2009

Bram Stoker Film Festival


Welcome to my life. Day 5786. Greetings my Totalitarian Toe-fetishists. Okay, there's a certain time of the year when Lara's thoughts becomes a semi sports blog and that is when the New York Yankees are in the post season. Game 1 today against the Los Angeles Angels. On a chilly night in the Bronx, the two best teams in baseball meet for the first of a seven game series to decide who goes to the World Series. Now I'm not normally a big sports fan. To tell you the truth, the Yankees are the only team I follow and that only because of Cap'n Jeets (the love of my life, Derek Jeter.) The game is starting right now. I'll get back to you after it's done.

Okay, Yanks won! Cap'n Jeets went 2 for 5 with an RBI! Those Angels don't stand a chance! They made a bunch of errors and basically showed that they didn't belong in the same stadium as the Yanks! Now that that's over, I can get back to the blog.

Today I want to profile the Bram Stoker Film Festival going on this weekend in Whitby, England. I contacted the festival director James Latimer (what a British sounding name) and he assures me that their festival is a return to the 'real' vampire genre. The fest will be hosted by Dacre Stoker, a descendant of Bram's (how cool is that?) Maybe it's Bram himself pretending to be his own descendant. That's what Dracula used to do.

Anyway, it looks like the Bram Stoker Fest will be the perfect antithesis to that pathetic Twatlight fest, Vampire Film Festival in New Orleans. So if you happen to be in England this weekend, be sure to check it out:

BRAM STOKER INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL

No comments:

Post a Comment

You got something to say?