Friday, November 20, 2009

My first review gets published!


Welcome to my life. Day 5821. Greetings my Undead Underlings. Guess what?!! Yours truly has just had her first review published! Yeah!!! How cool am I? I mean, somewhere other than my blog. Here's the link:

MYMAVRA.COM

The site is really cool, too. They'll do like multiple reviews of flicks and put them all together wo you can get different viewpoints. And they have great interviews that can go on for like several days and all the site members can ask questions and the interviewee can like answer them whenever he or she gets around to it. Pretty novel approach. I'm very excited about this. They say your first is always the hardest. Not that I want to be a film critic or whatever. I want to be a novelist. Yeah, I know, I was toying with the whole screenwriting idea but in the end I think I just want to follow in Anne's footsteps. I know I'll never be as good but I can't be any worse than Stephanie Meyer. New Moon is breaking all kinds of records at the box office. They say when the smoke clears it might give Titanic a run for its money as the biggest grossing film of all time. Unbelievable. I'm so embarrassed for my sex. How could we stoop so low. Millions upon millions of pubescent females descending upon local multiplexes with the fervor of religious fanatics. I half expect them to start walking around the theaters in a circle ala the Haj. Psycho zealots! All to see another vampire vs werewolf fairy tale. I refuse to fall in line! Twatlight will never get me! As long as there's such a thing as good taste in this world there will be those of us fighting the ilks of the romantically challenged, culturally bankrupt and morally askew Twatlighters! We few! We sad, sad few! We will hold firm against the waves of bobby-soxer delirium! We...

Oh, I give up! What's the use? Not like I'm going to change anybody's mind out there. It is what it is, I suppose. It's just no fun even being a Goth anymore! It's like the whole reason I became a Goth was to rebel. Now I have to rebel against other Goths. AAARGHH! Fuck you Stephanie Meyer for selling out my genre! It was never meant to be this effing popular! We're effing misfits for Chrissake! I think I'm going to go and mope.

1 comment:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly, and as a novelist, it adds another layer of spite as we have to contend with the Twatlight marketing machine for shelf space...Yes! Sometimes in the HORROR section!

    Congrats on the review.

    ReplyDelete

You got something to say?